Vegan Chocolate Mousse – Aquafaba Mousse
We’re in love with this Vegan Chocolate Mousse! This dessert is made of Aquafaba, meaning that it is not going to affect your waistline for sure. It is light, delicious and low in calories.
For those of you who does not know yet what Aquafaba is, it is the cooking liquid from legumes or liquid from canned legumes.
Tip: Aquafaba is a perfect substitute for eggs in any desserts and baking.
- Aquafaba – 1/2 cup
- Vegan chocolate – around 150-170 grams
- Any plant based milk – 1/4 cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Vanilla powder – 1/4 tsp
- Confectionary sugar- 1 tsp
- Arrowroot, Tapioca, Potato or corn starch – 1 tsp
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Using electrical mixer, whisk Aquafaba with lemon juice for couple of minutes.
- Continue whipping until stiff picks are formed (around 15 mins); add vanilla powder, sugar and starch. Whip for couple of more minutes.
- Melt the chocolate with plant based milk, cool it down.
- Add Aquafaba into the melted chocolate; 2-3 spoons at a time. Mixing gently.
- Transfer the mixture into glasses and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Decorate as desired.
— For more of My Gluten Free Recipe Book ideas, click this link here.