Spiced Muffins with Walnuts and Poppy Seeds
These gluten and dairy free muffins are just divine and definitely a must-try! They are surprisingly light made from amaranth flour, with a lovely sweetness from dates, figs, and cinnamon, with a hint of warmth from the spices, that gave the muffins an earthy, nutty flavour. They are moist and fluffy inside with no added sugar.
This spiced muffin recipe stood out even in a house full of treats. It’s quick and easy to make, and a perfect complement to a cup of coffee or tea. Enjoy them for a morning or afternoon snack, or at any snack times in between.
- Gluten free baking flour -190 grams
- Corn flour – 70 grams
- Amaranth flour – 70 grams
- Egg replacer or flax seeds egg – 30 grams
- Almond milk – 1.1/2 cup
- Melted coconut oil – 3 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1 tbsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Stevia – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Allspice – 1/2 tsp
- Dates – 2-3 pcs
- Figs – 2-3 pcs
- Crushed walnuts – 100 grams
- Poppy seeds – 2 tbsp
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Mix sifted flours with all dry ingredients.
- Add coconut oil, egg replacer, almond milk, walnuts, poppy seeds, dates and figs. Mix well until batter is formed.
- Pour the batter in a muffin baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated 180 degrees oven.
- Get them out from baking tray as soon as they’re cool enough to handle and then let them hang out of a cooling rack.
- They’re fantastic when they are serve warm but just as good the next day.
- For leftovers, just keep them out of open air so they don’t dry out. Better to keep them in the fridge in the airtight container.
— For more of My Gluten Free Recipe Book ideas, click this link here.