Russian Style Crepes Stuffed With Beef Mince Meat
In Russia, Crepes are very popular weekend breakfast meal and it is called Blini. Traditionally, it is served with sour cream, condensed milk, jam or honey. There are also variety of stuffings that can be used; from cottage cheese to smoked salmon and even chicken liver and rice. These dairy and gluten free crepes are perfect meal for those who wants low calories in their diet and it goes perfectly well with any savoury spiced mince meat that taste absolutely delicious. One stuffed crepe has only 100 calories that would definitely spiced up your diet.
Servings: 6 crepes
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 30 min
Total: 40 min
To make crepes:
- Eggs – 2 (room temperature)
- Brown rice flour – 80 grams
- Almond milk or any other milk of choice – 1/2 cup
- Boiling water – 1/2 cup
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Stevia – 1/4 tsp
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh dill – 2 strings
- Chives – 1 tbsp
- Coconut oil for frying
To make mince meat stuffing:
- Diet beef mince meat – 300 grams
- Brown onion – 1 medium
- Flat leaves parsley – handful
- Turmeric to taste
- Cumin to taste
- Coriander to taste
- Dry rosemary to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coconut or olive oil for frying
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Heat the frying pan or skillet. Grease the pan with coconut oil. Add finely diced brown onion. Cook until brown and tender.
- Add beef mince and cook under the lid for 10 minutes. Uncover and cook until water evaporates.
- Add all seasonings and cook until the meat is cooked through. Add chopped parsley and remove from the heat.
- While mince meat is cooking, start on making the batter. Whisk 2 eggs with pinch of salt, stevia and almond milk. Continue whisking, slowly add the boiling water. Add brown rice flour and mix well. Ensure that there is no more lumps left. Add chopped dill and chives. The batter must be very runny.
- Heat the crepe pan or frying pan. Grease it with coconut oil. Using a ladle spoon, pour 1 spoon of the batter into the frying pan. Fry the crepe a couple of minutes on each side until it turns brownish. Place around 3 tablespoons of fried mince meat inside of the crepe, roll or fold it your preferred way.
— For more of My Gluten Free Recipe Book ideas, click this link here.