Utterly finger-licking delicious! These pumpkin spiced doughnuts are so irresistibly delicious, full of cozy spices, and is baked to perfection.
These light and fluffy doughnuts, drizzled with rich chocolate sauce that melts into your mouth, gets you jumping for joy.
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 3 tbsp potato starch
- 1 tsp rice starch
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp active yeast
- 2 tbsp refined coconut oil
- Seeds scraped from 2 vanilla beans
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate baking chips
- Grease a donut pan with coconut oil. Warm the almond milk until hot. Mix with the pumpkin purée, coconut sugar, coconut oil and spices. Stir well until sugar has been absorbed and the mixture is a homogeneous liquid. Turn off the heat and stir in the yeast.
- In a bowl, mix all the rest of the ingredients (except for the chocolate) and then pour in the wet mixture and stir well. If the batter is too runny, add a tbsp or so more of oat flour. Let the batter sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Spoon into a greased donut pan and let it sit for another 10 minutes for it to rise. Preheat the oven to 180C/ 350 F.
- Bake for 11 to 12 minutes.
- While the doughnuts are baking, heat the chocolate chips in a small pan over low/medium heat and stir continuously. You can add a little bit of plant based milk to make the chocolate sauce more liquid. Melt completely and set aside.
- When the doughnuts are ready, remove from oven, cool for at least 5 minutes then remove from pan.
- Drizzle the chocolate sauce (or dip the doughnuts if you want them glazed).
- Serve and enjoy!
— Recipe from Morganic Kitchen