Gluten Free and Yeast Free Brown Rice Flour and Cornmeal Bread
Take a break from regular bread with this tasty, healthy, gluten free cornmeal bread that is full of nutrients and baked to perfection. It is yeast and dairy free too. Crack this super simple recipe that your family will surely love. This bread can be your perfect afternoon delight with your favourite spread.
- Almond milk or any of your choice (room temperature) – 1 cup
- Olive oil – 2.5 tbsp
- Flaxseed meal – 2 tbsp
- Water – 6 tbsp
- Cornmeal – 3/4 cup
- Brown rice flour – 3/4 cup
- Tapioca or arrowroot flour – 1/2 cup
- Potato starch – 1/2 cup
- Stevia or sugar of your choice- 2 tsp
- Sea salt flakes – 1 tsp
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Flax seeds – 1 tbsp + extra to sprinkle
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Mix flaxseed meal with water.
- Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to thicken.
- In the baking mixer, mix almond milk with olive oil and flaxseed meal.
- In a separate bowl, mix all sifted flours, sugar, salt, baking powder and flax seeds.
- Slowly add to wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Generously grease the baking tin with olive oil, preferably 10×20 centimetres, and then pour the mixture in.
- Sprinkle with flax seeds. For extra crunch, drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes in 180 degrees oven.
- Serve warm.
— For more of My Gluten Free Recipe Book ideas, click this link here.