Gluten and Sugar Free Scones with Dried Fruits and Homemade Jam
These delicious gluten and sugar free scones are very easy to make. They are soft and fluffy on the inside that is perfect for a morning or afternoon tea fit for a king. Serve them with jam or a cream for ultimate delicious treat for yourself. This recipe can surely make an impressive addition to one of your household favourite with absolutely no fuss at all. It is simple and absolutely delicious perfect for any occasions.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 20 min
Total: 35 min
Difficulty: Very Easy
- Potato starch – 60 grams
- Tapioca flour – 60 grams
- Sweet rice flour (glutinous rice flour) – 60 grams
- Sorghum flour – 60 grams
- Brown rice flour – 60 grams
- Kefire or substitute with plant-based milk – 1 cup
- Vegan butter or coconut butter (cold and cubed) – 80 grams
- Xantham gum – 1 tsp
- Baking powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Pinch of salt
- One egg or egg substitute
- Stevia – 1 tsp ( optional)
- Figs – 2
- Dates – 4
- Prunes – 4
For Raspberry Jam:
- Raspberries – 300 grams
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Stevia – 1 tsp or Agave syrup – 2 tsps
- Chia seeds – 2 tbsp
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine all sifted flours with other dry ingredients.
- Add chilled and cubed butter. Rub in butter in the flour mixture using your hands. The mixture will look like crumbs.
- In the centre, add whisked egg or egg substitute and pour in Kefir or plant-based milk of your choice.
- Add finely chopped figs, dates and prunes. Combine well and form the dough. If the dough is sticking to your hands, add extra brown rice flour.
- Transfer the dough between two sheets of baking paper and roll to a 3 cm thickness. Cut scones with round cutter or use a glass with a diameter of around 5cm. Transfer scones on the baking tray lined with a baking paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- To make a Raspberry Jam: place Raspberries in a pot over a low heat. Stirring it for 10 minutes. Add the lemon juice and sweetener. Cook for 5 more minutes. Remove from the heat, add the Chia seeds and stir well. Place jam in a jar and keep in the fridge overnight.
— For more of My Gluten Free Recipe Book ideas, click this link here.