Classic Homemade Hummus
Who doesn’t like Hummus; especially when it is homemade! Needless to say, it is simply yummy! Simple, classic and delicious.
It is very easy to make and it tastes much better than anything you can buy at the store. This recipe uses Tahini to give that good punch of deep flavour added to it. If you choose to go without it, a chickpea purée without it is still quite delicious. Just add more olive oil. Another option is to use a natural unsweetened creamy peanut butter in its place.
- Chickpeas – 500 grams
- Tahini – 4 tbsp
- Garlic cloves – 3
- Olive oil – 2-3 tbsp
- Cumin – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice of half a Lemon
- Salt to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Soak chickpeas in water overnight. Drain and rinse.
- Place chickpeas in a pot, cover with cold water 4-5 cm above chickpeas.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1-1.5 hours until soft.
- Remove chickpeas. Make sure you peel them.
- Place in a blender all the ingredients. Combine until smooth.
- You might need to adjust seasonings and oil.
- Decorate as desired.
You can opt to make a homemade tahini of your choice. Simply blend 150 grams of toasted sesame seeds with 3 tbsp of non-fragrant oil (preferably Grape seed oil).
— For more of My Gluten Free Recipe Book ideas, click this link here.