Chocolate Banana Cake
Chocolate lovers rejoice! This decadent chocolate banana cake is just immaculately divine. It’s deliciously moist and so easy to make.
The flavour of the cocoa powder that marries the sweetness of the banana is just heaven, making it a perfect chocolatey treat for a hot coffee or tea.
1/4 cup vegan yogurt (Preferably coconut soy)
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup filtered water
1 cup gluten free flour mixture
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup coconut
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
2 medium bananas, sliced
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350 F. Grease a cake pan.
- In a large (ish) bowl, mix together the yogurt, coconut oil (melted), vanilla, apple cider vinegar and water. Let this mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, sift together all remaining ingredients except for the bananas.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, stir until evenly mixed, and then dump in 3/4 of the sliced bananas (leaving enough to decorate).
- Mix well but try not to mash the rounds.
- Pour into cake pan (this could also be cupcakes or muffins)
- Bake for 20-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let it cool completely.
This cake was decorated with banana, coconut milk swirls and daisies.
— Recipe from Morganic Kitchen