Amaranth and Teff Flour Bread
Amaranth and Teff are two glorious grains that are hailed for their nutritional benefits that are good for the immune system. It is loaded with unique nutritional properties that provides plenty of fiber, protein and micronutrients that are essential for healthy body.
Amaranth is a nutritious, gluten-free grain that is packed with vitamins and minerals and is an excellent source of lysine, an important amino acid. It helps maintain healthy cholesterol and blood sugar level in the body. It is high in antioxidants that helps protect against harmful free radicals that helps boost the immune system.
Teff is an ancient ‘super food’ packed with full of nutrients that is naturally high in Prebiotics, which are essential for a healthy gut. It punches far above its weight with impressive nutritional benefits. It’s high in protein, iron and calcium, and contains all eight essential amino acids. It has more calcium, zinc and thiamine compared to other grains; and has high in dietary fibre that is excellent for blood sugar and gut health.
- Amaranth flour – 105 grams
- Teff flour – 105 grams
- Tapioca flour or Arrowroot flour or combination of both – 210 grams
- Sea salt flakes – 2 tsps
- Yeast – 1×7 grams sachet
- Xanthan gum – 1 tsp
- Sugar of your choice – 1 tsp
- Flaxseed meal – 2 tbsp or 2 eggs
- Luke warm water – 1 1/4 cup
- Physillium husk – 1 tbsp (optional)
- LSA – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Olive oil – 3 tbsp
- Apple cider vinegar – 1 tsp
- Flax seeds – 1 tbs (optional) + extra to sprinkle
- Pepitas – 1 tbsp (optional) + extra to sprinkle
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Add yeast and sugar to the water.
- Let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Mix flaxseed meal with water and keep it in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix all dry ingredients in the electrical mixer or use spatula.
- Add yeast mixture, flaxseed meal or eggs (room temperature), olive oil, apple cider vinegar, flax seeds and pepitas.
- Place the batter in a 20×10 centimetre greased loaf tin.
- Cover and place it in a warm place for 1 hour. It should double in size.
- Drizzle the dough with olive oil and sprinkle with seeds.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes on 200 degrees.
- Take the bread out of the tin immediately and cool completely before slicing.
— For more of My Gluten Free Recipe Book ideas, click this link here.